Featured Post

Daily Project திருக்குறள்

Dear Readers / Friends, http://DailyProjectThirukkural.blogspot.com/    By interpreting various meanings for every word in a Thirukkur...

June 17, 2013

ஆனந்த யாழை மீட்டுகிறாள் [She is playing the happy music]

At last, Nagamani, along with his family, visited our home at Pondicherry last weekend. And incidentally Sai Prithvi, as well, along with his family, made a quick visit to our home. Prithvi’s daughter Mrithika aka Meethu was a cute little kid just dancing on the road as any toddler does. She had fun in jumping over the small elevation of steps and getting down the steps at outer viewing point of Auroville. She was walking on the foot path easily but we have to go beyond her nevertheless I didn’t get tired by that. Those chirpy sounds that her shoes makes while she walks were more than music. She got easily attached to me and didn’t hesitate or cry much. When she smiles, those little tooth were pleasure to. And on Saturday evening, Nagamani finally arrived. His daughter Yaazhini (Yaalini) what an angel she is. She also easily got attached to me on the very first time I called her. Of course there were share of hesitation and cry but we could manage it. When we say her, pray God, she just looks up looking for the frames of God (as they used to be in their home). While her parents went inside the Aurobindo Ashram, she was sleeping me over my shoulders. Due to lack of such opportunities like that in my life so far, not sure when before a kid was sleeping like that on me. She sleeps, adjusts her head from left position to right position and over time slides down. That’s when I realized that, Oh! even for sleeping a kid we need to learn many techniques. But those 10-15 minutes was sheer joy for me. When in car, along with her mom, she would identify me, sitting in the back, and shake hands with me and when I decided to pull her back, she was willing to come but, at last moment, she changed her mind. Similarly, she was his father and I was going around near her. She quickly turned her head and changed her position. When enquired about it, I came to know that it is to safeguard that I don’t lift her from her father. What an intelligent girl. All these wonderful moments are really awesome and makes me envious of all fathers and mothers. Honestly, I was tempted to get married and quickly have a girl. But I said to myself - Tempting but not now. Last night, when I returned from Pondicherry to Bangalore, I listened to Anandha Yaazhai (from Thanga Meengal) at an altogether different level and it was awesome.

P. S: Both Sai Prithvi’s wife and Nagamani’s wife affirmed that their kids don’t go to a stranger immediately but they got attached to you so easily. I had to say “En kitta vara ellaa pon kozhandaigaloda petrorgal elaarume ippadi thaan solraanga” (All the parents of the kids tell me the same).

I must thank Sai Prithvi and Nagamani for having visited my home this weekend. It was great. 

Here below is the lyrics of the beautiful song Anandha Yaazhai (from Thanga Meengal)

ஆனந்த யாழை மீட்டுகிறாய்,
அடி நெஞ்சில் வண்ணம் தீட்டுகிறாய்.
அன்பெனும் குடையை நீட்டுகிறாய்,
அதில் ஆயிரம் மழைத்துளி கூட்டுகிறாய்.

இரு நெஞ்சம் இணைத்து பேசிட,
உலகில் பாஷைகள் எதுவும் தேவை இல்லை!
சிறு புல்லில் உறங்கும் பனியில் தெரியும்,
மலையின் அழகோ தாங்கவில்லை.

உந்தன் கைகள் பிடித்து போகும் வழி,
அது போதவில்லை இன்னும் வேண்டுமடி…

இந்த மண்ணில் இது போல் யாரும் இங்கே
என்றும் வாழவில்லை என்று தோன்றுதடி !

ஆனந்த யாழை மீட்டுகிறாய்,
அடி நெஞ்சில் வண்ணம் தீட்டுகிறாய்.
அன்பெனும் குடையை நீட்டுகிறாய்,
அதில் ஆயிரம் மழைத்துளி கூட்டுகிறாய்.

தூரத்து மரங்கள் பார்க்குதடி,
தேவதை இவளா கேக்குதடி,
தன்னிலை மறந்தே பூக்குதடி,
காற்றினில் வாசம் தூக்குதடி – அடி
கோவில் எதற்கு ? தெய்வங்கள் எதற்கு ?
உனது புன்னகை போதுமடி !

இந்த மண்ணில் இது போல் யாரு இங்கே,
என்றும் வாழவில்லை என்று தோன்றுதடி !

ஆனந்த யாழை மீட்டுகிறாய்,
அடி நெஞ்சில் வண்ணம் பூசுகிறாய் !

உன் முகம் பார்த்தால் தோணுதடி,
வானத்து நிலவு சின்னதடி,
மேகத்தில் வரைந்தே பார்குதடி,
உன்னிடம் வெளிச்சம் கேட்குதடி,

அதை கையில் பிடித்து ஆறுதல்
உரைத்து வீட்டுக்கு அனுப்பு நல்லப்படி !

இந்த மண்ணில் இது போல் யாரும்
இங்கே என்றும் வாழவில்லை என்று தோன்றுதடி

ஆனந்த யாழை மீட்டுகிறாய்
அடி நெஞ்சில் வண்ணம் தீட்டுகிறாய் !
                                                                              - நா.முத்துக்குமார்


Meaning: Do not forsake good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment