Featured Post

Daily Project திருக்குறள்

Dear Readers / Friends, http://DailyProjectThirukkural.blogspot.com/    By interpreting various meanings for every word in a Thirukkur...

July 14, 2013

My First and Last Telegram

Today, when I sit to look back if I have ever come across a telegram, I remember that a telegram carried a news about my great grand mother in 1994. After that neither I nor my family members received a telegram. Last couple of days, I have been reading in newspapers and in internet that today July 14th 2013 Sunday will be the last day telegram services would operate in India. An idea struck me and I was contemplating for a long time whether to send a telegram to my egyptian lotus. I felt, it would be really special to send and receive a telegram which can kept as souvenirs with us and show it to our next generations. My egyptian lotus was special to me and I wanted to send her one. Actually, I also wanted to send to Nambiar, Xavier, Vasanth, Gokul as well. But somehow I couldn't find a telegram office nearby in Bangalore and even if I find it would be really too far away. I was not sure if post office operates on Sundays. I vaguely remember that telegrams are sent from BSNL Telephone offices. I called up on Nambiar and requested him to send on behalf of me to my egyptian lotus from Pondicherry. However, initially, he didn't agree. But later, after few emotional statements, he agreed. I sent him the message to be sent to her in a SMS (You are special. Hope you are doing good. Best Wishes. God bless. Sincerely, with Warm Regards, Rajesh). To my surprise, he called me in the evening and asked her address. Oh my God, my joy knew no bound. I gave him her address as well as edited the SMS (as "Hope you are doing good. Best Wishes. God bless. Sincerely, with Warm Regards, Rajesh"). And he sent the telegram to her. I don't know how much thankful I can be to my Nambiar. I am indebted to him lifelong. I hope that my egyptian lotus feels special on receiving the telegram.

And I sincerely thank all the employees of Telegraph offices for the service they have provided us right from common man to high-profile government officers.

God Bless. 

நெற்பயிர் விளைவு செய்.
Meaning: Harvest paddy grain

No comments:

Post a Comment