Featured Post

Daily Project திருக்குறள்

Dear Readers / Friends, http://DailyProjectThirukkural.blogspot.com/    By interpreting various meanings for every word in a Thirukkur...

March 07, 2014

Before Sunrise / Sunset / Midnight

I am not a great lover all Hollywood Movies. Of course, I watch many of them selectively. Recently, I came across this film 'Before Midnight' (Thanks to Sudhish Kamath (critic) who mentioned it in the list of movies he wish to watch in the International Film festivals that happened across South India). 

I watched 'Before Midnight' and I was bowled over by it. For me, it was first time to watch a movie that is only walk talk. They had sensible conversation discussing various things especially on the mid-life crisis part. Perhaps, I am about enter the 30s club, hence they sounded much needful insights.

Then, I came to know about the previous movies 'Before Sunrise' and 'Before Sunset' in this series. The main push for me to watch 'Before Sunrise' was the 'Tring Tring Tring' fake conversation because it was ripped in film Vaalee much later. Watching 'Before Sunrise' and 'Before Sunset' was again such a pleasure. Definitely all the three movies are some of the finest movies that I have seen and I recommend them very much. 

Before Sunrise
I liked many things in this movie. 
- The way Jesse gets into conversation Celine, then the talk in the tram
- Both of them at the top of the tower, just before sunset 
- Both of them listening to a song in a music shop. Both of them react to the lyrics/song and see each other when the other doesn't see.
- Both of them having the fake phone call conversation. It was beautiful. (Celine even says that 'I like to feel his eyes on me when I look away') 
- The night walk along the canal. Subsequently getting a poem written by a person there.
- The night in the park.
- Things they speak after sunrise . (Jesse remarks 'real time' - meaning last night was a dream kind). 

(at the top of the tower)

(Listening to song)

(Listening to song)

(Fake Phone Call Conversation)

Before Sunset
- While addressing his readers, Jesse gives a reaction on seeing Celine outside the shop. Awesome.
- Celine's reaction when she learns that Jesse waited for her on Dec 6
- All their talks in the walk. And the talks in the cruise. 
- Celine's tells that she was crying for both things 1) for her granny's death 2) for not going to meeting Jesse anymore in life
- Both of them confess that they would have wished they had met on that day and the life would have been lot better. 
- Celine says that, it was as if she had put all the romance in that one single night
- They both discuss in car. Celine talks about her ex-boyfriends and relationship breakups. Jesse says about his lifeless marriage and wished Celine was her.
- Subsequently, Celine hugs Jesse. Jesse decides to go to Celine's house. Jesse asks her to sing a song. Celine sings a song with lyrics meaning that both of them were together. Celine subsequently imitating a singer playfully. Celine says 'Babe, you are going to miss the flight'. Jesse says 'I know' - meaning he is going to say back with her. 
- In the car, Celine tries to touch Jesse's head. But stops within a second. 













I only wished that, I had watched these movies much earlier.

Before Midnight
- The conversation along the way after dropping Jesse's sun at the airport
- The conversation with friends in the table
- The conversation leading to the Hotel
- The fight they have at the hotel
- The way Jesse convinces Celine finally

One line that I liked very much in 'Before Sunset' is Memory is a wonderful thing, if we don't have to deal with the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment